Malheureusement cette page n'est disponible qu'en anglais pour l'instant
This accessibility statement applies to the Healthcare Professionals Crossing Borders (HPCB) website.
This website is run by the General Medical Council. We want our website to be accessible to as many users as possible. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver).
We’ve also made the website text simple to understand.
We have target readability scores of age 12–13 for content aimed at patients and the public. And for professional facing content, a reading age of 14–15. We use Hemingway to check these readability scores.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- not all content no pages is included in a landmark which assistive technology can use to navigate the page
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software.
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
In your message, include:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your email address and name
- the format you need.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, email [email protected] or call 0161 923 6602.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
We're committed to making this website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Navigation and accessing information
There’s no way to skip the repeated content in the page header (for example, a ‘skip to main content’ option). This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.1 (bypass blocks).
PDFs and other documents
Many documents are not accessible in a number of ways, including missing text alternatives and missing document structure.