HPCB Conference 2010 - The future of Professional Qualifications Balancing Mobility and Patient Safety
The 2010 meeting of HPCB took place on 29 November in Budapest, Hungary. The event was hosted by the Hungarian Office of Health Authorisation and Administrative Procedures and attended by more than 70 delegates from 17 European countries.
The meeting focused on the revision of Directive 2005/36/EC on the mutual recognition of professional qualifications. Speakers included: Emma McClarkin MEP; representatives from the Hungarian EU Presidency; the European Commission; the informal networks of competent authorities for nurses, midwives, dentists, pharmacists and doctors; the CHRE International Observatory; and the FP7 EU Cross Border Care Collaboration project.
The PowerPoint presentations delivered at the meeting are available to download by clicking on the relevant link below.
- Dr András Zsigmond – The migration of Hungarian healthcare professionals
Session 1: Review of Directive 2005/36/EC and the Informal Networks of Competent Authorities for the healthcare professions
- Kathy George – The review of the professional qualifications Directive and the perspective of nursing regulators
- Dr András Zsigmond – The review and the perspective of midwifery regulators
- Patrick Kavanagh – The review and the perspective of dental regulators
- Patrick Fortuit – The review and the perspective of pharmacist regulators
- Alexander Jäkel – The review and the perspective of medical regulators
Session 3 – Supporting regulators through the Internal Market Information System
- Jürgen Tiedje – The IMI Alert Mechanism
Session 4 – Building an evidence base
- Tom Foubister/ Cécile Knai / Helena Legido-Quigley – Introduction to the CHRE International Observatory and EU Cross Border Care Collaboration project